Green Information and Links
Green Presentations by University Faculty:
GOING GREEN: THE IMPACT ON HIGHER EDUCATION INSITUTIONS: going green conference proceedings_dr. annette santos.pdf
Annette Taijeron Santos, University of Guam
Green Tips from the University Community
(These tips were emailed to the UOG Green Committee by members of the University Community - send your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Each student, faculty member, and work staff see the pieces of litter each day as they walk among the buildings and parking lot. It would help the image of a "green" campus if everyone would pickup just a few pieces each day. It need not be very much. But, such behavior would be viewed by others and would be a positive example.
- Postnet in Upper Tumon still accepts styrofoam peanuts
- The Queen of Clean_ a guidebook on cleaning recommends using plain old vinegar as a cost effective and eco friendly cleaning agent.
- To reduce the use of paper:
- Create a website to provide resources to students
- Provide copy of power point presentations to students using the publisher's website
- Conduct exam using a web-based software http://hosted.onlinetesting.net
- Manage grading using a web-based software https://www.gradesource.com/login.asp
- Encourage students to focus research projects on "green" issues.
- If you are involved in a student organization as a member or an advisor, encourage the organization to support the UOG Green activities.