Dr. Unaisi Nabobo-Baba has worked for the past 27 years in secondary and higher education. In that time, she has worked in Fiji and the Pacific Islands of Tonga, Samoa, Cook Islands, Vanuatu, Solomon Is, New Zealand, Australia, Yap, Pohnpei, Rota (CNMI), Guam. Dr. Nabobo-Baba speaks Fijian and Pidgin English fluently and has some understanding of Tongan, Samoan, and Kiribati. She has done work and consultancies/research in the following areas/competencies:
- Education and Development: Educational analysis, data gathering, report writing and consultancy at local, national and regional level. Specialist in Higher Education development in context of small states-consultancies and research, e.g., Country evaluation of Vanuatu NZAID scholarships as consultant/curriculum evaluation of FESP program-Fiji./SWAP in Education-Tonga & Solomon Is.
- Women and Development: Conduct training seminars, analyse data and write reports on social development and programs at local and national level, e.g., Devised a curriculum on women and leadership in the Pacific, implemented, monitored & evaluated this-(for the Secretariat of the Pacific community).
- Social Analysis and Survey: Design, conduct, analyse and report of social surveys. Experienced Qualitative researcher. Fields of research include education, indigenous knowledge, postcolonial research and methodologies, social culture, aid-donor in the region, students achievement, organisational development, women and development, and General Pacific issues-drafted curriculum at university level, done work in communities and research in NZ/Fiji/Solomons/ Kbati/Tonga/ Vanuatu.
- Research Training: Design, conduct, evaluate and develop research skill development programme. Provide sound theoretical background and practical research tools. Interest in developing Pacific research methodologies. Implemented research workshops and curriculum writing.
- Performance Monitoring and Evaluation: Design, conduct, analyse and report on evaluation performance of programs, process and training. Experience with process and output evaluation.
- Organisational Analysis: Design, conduct, analyse and report on organisational culture, climate, structure, policies, human resources and administration.
- Secondary Teacher Education/Training: Design, conduct, evaluate and develop training program specific for teaching of the Social Sciences. Training can cover teaching pedagogy, curriculum, assessment and resource development.
- Curriculum Development: Conceptualise, design, conduct, evaluate and develop curriculum materials specific for training of teachers and educators.
- Training Needs Analysis: Design, conduct, analyse and report on training needs analysis for school or organization. Knowledge of Human Resource Development.
- B.A. University of the South Pacific
- GC.Ed. University of the South Pacific
- MA.Ed. University of the South Pacific
- Ph.D. University of Auckland