Information Technology Resources / Computer Center
1. Does the Computer Center provide orientation on computer operations, word processors (MS WORD), Internet, Email, Web, Statistical Software (SPSS)?
CC Answer: YES, the orientation is very basic showing users how start the programs, save work and print.
2. Does Computer Center provide ASSISTANCE and ADVICE on data analysis?
CC Answer: Will be glad to provide assistance and advice upon request.
3. Does the Computer Center provide orientation or assistance for my lectures on computer related topics?
CC Answer: YES, see item #1
4. Can I make arrangement to use the computing facility and Computer Lab for me and /or my students?
CC Answer: YES
5. Does the Computer Center assist me in defining a computer system specs to meet my need, obtaining quotation, estimating computing cost in my research project or grant application?
CC Answer: YES
6. Will the Computer center do computer repair or wiring?
CC Answer: Will do our best to advise and / or identify the problem, but the Computer Center is not a repair shop or a pickup and delivery service. Also the Computer Center does not do wiring or cable installation. However, the Computer Center can assist in identifying your computer problem if you can drop your system at the Center. The Computer Center will be able to assist you in obtaining your own service contract with vendors for maintenance and wiring or cable installation.
7. What is the operation / maintenance schedule?
CCAnswer: For the Main Servers requiring operation staff: Please call to get updated schedule. Operations: 735-2630/40/35 See Operation & Maintenance Schedule.
8. How can I get computer support?
CCAnswer: UOG Employee (../../../../../../../../../../../admin/faculty/staff) must send in a request via the online helpdesk (any campus networked system). The web address is helpdesk.uog.edu. Only employees with a valid UOG E-Mail address may use the system.
** NOTE: THE COMPUTER CENTER DOES NOT PICK UP OR DELIVER SYSTEMS TO USERS/DEPTS. ALL SYSTEMS REQUIRING IN-HOUSE TROUBLESHOOTING MUST BE BROUGHT IN BY THE REQUESTING DEPT/USER.