Federal Student Loan Procedures
Before you begin, please ensure that you have a PIN from the U.S. Department of Education. The PIN is needed to submit your FAFSA online. If you don't have a PIN - please visit - www.pin.ed.gov
Complete a FAFSA for 2011-2012 at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Once you have a valid Student Aid Report (SAR) for Academic Year 2011-2012 go to www.studentloans.gov and follow the instructions below:
1. Click on Sign In under "Manage My Direct Loan"
2. Under "Sign In" type in your:
Social Security Number
First two (2) letter of you Last Name (i.e. CR for last name Cruz)
Date of Birth (i.e. 10251980)
FAFASA PIN (4-digit PIN used to sign your FAFSA Application)
3. Click on Complete Entrance Counseling
4. One the next page Click on Complete Entrance Counseling
Determine enrollment level and click on either Undergraduate or Graduate then click on Continue
Read Information about the quiz and click Continue
Click on the Drop Down Menu next to "School State" and select "Guam"
Click on the Drop Down Menu next to "School Name" and select "University of Guam" then click Continue
5. You will then begin answering questions for the Entrance Counseling
6. You must view the "Borrower's Right and Responsibilities" before you click Submit
7. Print the Confirmation Page that shows you have completed and passed the Entrance Counseling, indicate the loan amount you want to borrow and Submit this page to the Financial Aid Office.
After you hve Successfully completed the online Entrance Counseling:
1. Click on Complete a Master Promissory Note
2. Select one of the following:
- Subsidized / Unsubsidized
- Graduate PLUS
- Parent Plus
3. Follow steps to complete Master Promissory Note and to e-sign (Note: You will need your FAFSA Pin Number to e-sign)
4. Please stop by the Financial Aid Office to submit your Entrance Counseling Confirmation.
Click here to print copy of above instruction
For more information, please call 735-2284/2288