Dr. Alicia C. Aguon
Tel: (671) 735-2837
The mathematics major and minor programs are designed to:
- prepare secondary school mathematics teachers;
- prepare students for other employment requiring the use of mathematics; and
- provide an understanding of the fundamental quantitative considerations, symbolized mathematically, which underlie our mechanized society.
Additional requirements for a mathematics major leading to a general secondary teaching credential are listed in the College of Education section. A student must declare a double major in Mathematics and Education for a secondary teaching degree. See sample schedule for math majors (DOWNLOAD MS Word).
MATHEMATICS MAJOR REQUIREMENTS
Total: 52 Credit Hours
Each mathematics major must complete studies with a cumulative GPA of 2.3 in the courses specified as required courses for the major.
- Required Courses (43 credit hours): Either CS201 or 202, PH251, 252, MA203, 204, 205, 302, 341, 411, 421, 422 and any one of MA301, 361 or 375.
- Electives (9 credit hours): A minimum of nine (9) credit hours of upper division Mathematics (MA) courses in addition to those already required.
MATHEMATICS MINOR REQUIREMENTS
Total: 28 Credit Hours
- Required Courses (16 credit hours): MA203, 204, 205 and 302.
- Electives (12 credit hours): A minimum of six (6) credit hours of upper division Mathematics (MA) courses in addition to MA302.
Teresita "Tessie" F. Mortera
Office: WB #4
Degree Program Requirements