Online via Zoom
Soon-to-be criminal justice graduates at the University of Guam will be hosting a virtual forum this Thursday to bring attention to and facilitate constructive discussion on the victimization of children in Guam. The forum, titled “Crimes Against Children,” will take place from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Zoom.
“When it comes to ensuring the future success of our island, it is our precious famagu’on who will lead the way,” said Kehani Mendiola, a senior criminal justice major who is serving as chairperson of the forum. “We hope that this forum will provide the foundation needed to develop innovative solutions to safeguard the health and well-being of all of Guam’s children for generations to come.”
The panelists will consist of justice and social service experts who will help guide the discussion.
- Sen. Amanda Shelton, 36th Guam Legislature
- Melanie Brennan, Director, Department of Youth Affairs
- Capt. Kim Santos, District 1 Division Chief, Guam Police Department
- Pamela Brewster, Investigation Unit Supervisor, Bureau of Social Services Administration, Department of Public Health and Social Services
- Alysa Draper-Dehart, Assistant Attorney General, Office of the Attorney General of Guam
The forum is open to the public. Those interested may register at https://url.uog.edu/criminal-justice-forum.
Thursday, December 02, 2021
Website: Click to Visit