Educational Talent Search (ETS)
Who we are
Educational Talent Search (ETS) is part of the federally funded TRIO Programs at the University of Guam.
ETS identifies and assists individuals from disadvantaged backgrounds who have the potential to succeed in higher education.
It is also a nation wide program found in the Pacific Islands of Hawaii, and the U.S. mainland.
UOG ETS is 100% federally funded program with an annual funding of $338,330.00
OUR TARGET SCHOOLS
Applicants must be middle and high school students who are potential first generation college students (neither parents/legal guardians completed a college education from a U.S. accredited institution), and have met the family income guidelines established by the U.S. Department of Education. (see application link below)
Educational Talent Search SEVICES/BENEFITS
Middle School Students: (VBMS 8th Grade Only)
- Tutorial Connections,
- Provide Career Exploration Activities and Field Trips,
- Provide High School Preparation Activities - (Summer Program),
- Provide Academic Assistance (i.e., study skills, and learning styles)
High School Students: (open to 9th-12th grade)
- Assist with College Selection Process,
- Provide Information and Assistance in Completing Student Financial Aid
- Provide Scholarship Information,
- Review Courses for the PSAT/SAT,
- Provide College Mentoring and Campus Tours,
- Provide Career Assessments and Activities
- Nominate Students for the National Student Leadership Conference
- Complete the application (see below for link), submit your most recent report card or transcript, and other documentation (i.e. SNAP or Public Assistance verification)
- Submit application to our ETS office located at the UOG Field House, 2nd Floor, or submit the application to our contact counselors (listed above) at your respective school, or call 734-2246 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- After reveiw, if accepted, ETS will contact you as soon as possible to inform you of your official acceptance by the TRIO Director as well as any upcoming events.
*** Note: Please use blue or black ink pen when filling out application. ***
-------------> UOG ETS Application as of 23Sep14 <----------------
Our Continuing Students
Please complete the “ETS CONTACT INFORMATION UPDATE” section below. You may submit this form or the information below by emailing, mailing, or calling the ETS Office.
You may also submit updates to the ETS Target Counselor at your school.
Please call ETS offices at 735-2246 or email email@example.com should you have any questions or need immediate services.
SY 14-15 ETS Welcome Letter.pdf