Office of Academic Assessment
and Institutional Research
This office provides support to all programs and the institution in the areas of assessment design, planning, monitoring, and implementation. The Director of Academic Assessment/Institutional Researcher identifies and accomplishes a research agenda for the institution to improve academic assessment, institutional planning and decision making in all areas related to the academic and student experience in support of the University’s strategic initiatives. This office works with the Registrar’s Office, the Information Technology Resources/ Computer Center, and the University Planning and Budget Committee to provide data analysis to support planning and decision making for both on campus and external reporting and the publication of the University Fact Book.
In response to an institutional plan and in cooperation with the University’s administrative offices and academic programs, this office:
- Directs survey administration, collect data, conduct statistical analysis and reporting of IPEDS, and other related duties.
- Coordinates the collection and maintenance of an integrated institutional data set, and develops internal and external reports, surveys and projections.
- Works with the faculty and administration to design appropriate assessment tools for the institution and programs, and oversee the administration, collection, analysis and reporting of assessment data.
- Works with the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs and the Colleges to compile and maintain institutional data.
- Assists the Registrar’s Office, the Information Technology Resources/ Computer Center, the Office of Financial Affairs, and the University Planning and Budget Committee with data collection and analysis to support strategic planning.
Deborah D. Leon Guerrero
Director for the Office of Academic Assessment and Institutional Research
Tel.: (671) 735-2585
Fax: (671) 734-3636
Documents and Publications
UOG Fact Book
AY2013 - 2014
2014 Spring Standard Enrollment Reports - Consolidated
Years 2008 through 2013:
National Survey of Student Engagement
Other Documents & Resources
Enrollment data reported to the Bureau of Planning and Statistics as of 2013 Spring Semester (March 2013)
Enrollment data reported to the Bureau of Planning and Statistics as of 2012 Spring Semester (Feb2012).
Report to the Pacific Postsecondary Education Council (PPEC) on IPEDS-submitted information (May 2009)
A Progress Report on Transfer Students from PPEC colleges to the University of Guam (August 2009)
Assessment and Program Review