TRiO Programs Student Support Services (SSS)
The University of Guam TRiO Student Support Services is a federally funded program that provides opportunities for academic development, assists students with basic college requirements, and serves to motivate students towards the successful completion of their post secondary education.
- Foster a supportive academic environment
- Help students accomplish their academic and personal goals.
- Increase graduation rates.
- Transition students to attend Graduate/Professional school.
Applicant must be enrolled at the University of Guam and meet the following eligibility criteria:
- US. citizen or meets the residency requirements for Federal student financial aid.
- Demonstrate academic need
And (any of the following):
- Low-Income: determined by federal income guidelines
- First Generation College Student: Neither parent or legal guardian received a baccalaureate degree.
- Disability: student has a physical and/or learning disability.
- Academic Tutoring
- Advice & Assistance in course selection
- Assistance in completing the FAFSA
- Cultural Activities
- Information on Financial Aid Programs & Benefits
- Information of Financial & Economic Literacy/Financial Planning
- Summer Bridge
- Study Skills Workshops and Information
- Academic Workshops
- Supplemental Grant Aid for Eligible Students