Triton Athletics unveils new wall of champions
The University of Guam Triton Athletics Department unveiled its new Champions of Triton Athletics wall on Aug. 26 during a live episode of “Triton Sports Zone,” a weekly podcast from Triton Athletics hosted by Rozanna Claros.
The wall, located in the UOG Calvo Field House, was first introduced in 2019 with a collection of 12 student-athletes who were previous award winners during their time at UOG.
The new display features 10 student-athletes from each Triton team, including the newly added baseball and women’s rugby teams. Their photos were taken by Victor Consaga, the sports photographer for the university, and will remain up for one academic year.
“While it is hard to take down the pictures of the first class, we are proud to highlight a new set of Champions and give our current and future players something to aim for in the future,” said UOG Athletics Director Doug Palmer.
Student-athletes are chosen by their coaches and the athletics director based on their character, academics, and athletic ability.
The following student-athletes are featured on the wall:
• Diane’ “D” Blackmon, men’s basketball, MVP
• Teressa Wagthuth, women’s basketball, best offense
• Isaiah Macias, men’s soccer, MVP
• Jaren Gumataotao, baseball, best defense
• Katrina Santos, women’s basketball, MVP
• Matthew Santos, men’s basketball, best offense
• Raianne Quichocho, women’s rugby, MVP
• Jason Miller Jr., men’s soccer, best offense
• Arren Yatar, baseball, MVP and student-athlete of the year
• Alexandria Cruz, women’s rugby, sportsmanship
Mangilao, Guam 96913
The University of Guam is a U.S. Land Grant and Sea Grant Institution accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission. UOG is an equal opportunity provider and employer committed to diversity, equity and inclusion through island wisdom values of inadahi yan inagofli'e: respect, compassion, and community.