School of Business & Public Administration
American Marketing Association (AMA) – UOG Collegiate Chapter
President: Luigi Bansil
Advisor: Prof. Terrie O’Brien
Mission: To allow members to apply marketing skills in and out of the classroom and to increase the awareness of marketing's importance in business and in life.
(1) To enhance AMA's interaction and relationships with the local business community
(2) To create cohesion with other CBPA student organizations
(3) To build new membership
www.facebook.com/uog.ama/info?collection_token=100000688308875%3A2327158227%3A8">https://www.facebook.com/uog.ama/info?collection_token=100000688308875%3A2327158227%3A8" target="_blank">Click here to check out the AMA Facebook page
Entrepreneur Society (E-Society)
President: Rafael DeAusen
Advisor(s): Dr. Karri Perez
Bio: The University of Guam (UOG) Entrepreneur Society (E-Society) brings together students with the desire to mix education with enterprise, and connect them with entrepreneurs who are established and are now establishing themselves.
Junior Accountants Society (JAS)
President: Sierra Castro
Advisors: Dr. Doreen Crisostomo, Dr. Elizabeth Foma, Dr. Venus Ibarra, Prof. Martha Suez-Sales
Mission: To promote the accounting profession in the university and to assist its members in learning the different aspects of accounting by arranging various activities and involvement with professionals, faculty, and peers
(1) To promote accounting as a major in the School of Business and Public Administration through a massive information campaign focusing on the bright prospects awaiting accounting graduates.
(2) To enhance academic excellence for its members by encouraging the sharing of knowledge and ideas.
(3) To foster social and civic consciousness through active involvement in community services and participation in projects of non-profit social organizations
www.facebook.com/jas.uog?fref=ts">https://www.facebook.com/jas.uog?fref=ts" target="_self">Click here to check out the JAS Facebook page or http://jasuog.wix.com/jasuog#%21about-us/cjg9" target="_self">here for the website
Public Administration & Legal Studies Society (PALS)
President: Joaquin Guerrero
Advisors: Dr. Ron McNinch, Dr. Ansito Walter
Bio: The Public Administration and Legal Studies (PALS) Society promotes interest in the public administration and criminal justice field. We foster leadership in government and social issues. We encourage the improvement of public service on Guam and the Western Pacific. We facilitate the exchange of knowledge and results of experience among persons interested or engaged in the fields of public administration and legal studies. We also engage in various types of community services/volunteer work. Our only requirement in order to join PALS Society is that the individual be a current University of Guam student.
Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) – UOG Chapter
President: Keo Torre
Advisor: Dr. Richard Colfax
(1) To promote fellowship and better understanding of the mutual problems affecting those engaged in human resource work in business, industry and public service
(2) To provide a means for the exchange of ideas and discussion of common problems
(3) To encourage the application of scientific methods of the human problems of business, industry and public service as a means of increasing the operating effectiveness of staff and management
(4) To provide information regarding current rends in the administration of human resource management through the medium of understanding speakers, significant reports and studies, and other means determined by the Program Committee
(5) To expand human resource technologies throughout the Western Pacific Region
www.facebook.com/uog.shrm">https://www.facebook.com/uog.shrm" target="_self">Click here to check out the SHRM Facebook page or https://sites.google.com/site/shrmguamstudentchapter/" target="_self">here for the website
Soroptimist Sigma Society
President: Johertz Marfega
Advisor: Dr. Karri Perez
Mission: To improve the lives of women and girls, in local communities and throughout the world
www.facebook.com/pages/UOG-Soroptimist-Sigma-Society/326118960427">https://www.facebook.com/pages/UOG-Soroptimist-Sigma-Society/326118960427" target="_self">Click here to check out the Soroptimist Sigma Society Facebook page
Student Investment Club (SIC)
Bio: “Today's Investment is Tomorrow's Success.”
The Student Investment Club is a prestigious organization recognized by many in the business community. Our members engage in various educational sessions while gaining first-hand experience in the real world of finance. Students learn by interacting with other students, participating in conferences, workshops, and through traveling to financial conferences held internationally. Additionally, SIC provides its members the opportunity to meet and interact with potential future employers.
UOG SIC’s members participate in real investments of stocks, bonds, mutual funds, futures, currencies, and other equities in most major stock exchanges. Our investments are monitored under the guidance of the professionals at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney (MSSB).
Tourism Awareness Group
President: Rosanne Perez Pleadwell
Advisor: Dr. Fred Schumann
Mission: We strive to promote, develop, and explore the Tourism Industry within the community and internationally.
(1) To promote awareness of the Tourism Industry
(2) To promote excellence of the Tourism Industry
(3) To enrich the members and community with knowledge about the Tourism Industry
(4) To participate and create in the activities within the University of Guam and community