The 14th Faculty Senate 2014-2015
Welcome to the 14th Faculty Senate Webpage!
The Mission of the UOG Faculty Senate
The mission of the University of Guam Faculty Senate is to be the vehicle by which the Faculty exercises its responsibility for the academic leadership of the university. Specificially, the Faculty Senate.
- Protects and promotes the fundamental principles of the academy, including academic freedom and institutional integrity, institutional and individual autonomy, and shared academic governance;
- Provides the Faculty with a unified, substantial, and independent voice in matters of educational programs and other matters that relate to their areas of responsibility and
- Empowers and protects the prerogatives of the Academic Committees and individual members of the Faculty to discharge their responsibilities for maintaining the educational purpose and character of the university and the quality of its academic programs;
- Promotes an environment favorable to the professional activity and development of the Faculty, both as individuls and as a body;
- Discharges other specific responsibilities set forth in the Bylaws of the University of Guam Faculty Senate.
Next Senate Meetings:
Session 1 of the 14th Faculty Senate
Thursday, May 8, 2014 at 2:00 pm
CLASS Dean’s Professional Development Room, 3rd Floor, HSS Building
For more information please contact the Faculty Senate Office at Ext. 2646 or email@example.com
To review current Agenda items, click on the links below. (Updated 12/05/13)
Spring 2014 Session Schedule
The Faculty Senate meets in the CLASS Dean's Professional Development Room, 3rd Fl. HSS Bldg. from 2:00 p.m. - 3:45 p.m. on Thursdays of each month during the Academic Year.
- February 20
- March 20
- April 17
- May 8
13th Faculty Senate - Standing Committee Member Directory
- Senate Executive Committee (SEC)
- Standing Committee on Institutional Excellence (SCIE)
- Standing Committee on Faculty Excellence (SCFE)
- Standing Committee on Evaluation (SCE)
- Standing Committee on University Budget and Planning (SCUBP)
Academic Curricula Review Committee Member Directory
- Undergraduate Curricula Review Committee (UCRC)
- Graduate Curricula Review Committee (GCRC)
- General Education Review Committee (GERC)
University Travel Grant and United Travel Endowment
*Note: July 1st- Sept 30th, travel period will be accepted on Feb 1st. Reminder announcements shall be done at least 3 weeks prior to the deadline.
For further information you may contact:
Dr. Mohammad Golabi
Chair, Standing Committee on Faculty Excellence
Tel: (671) 735-2134, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Therese Roberto
Human Resources Office
Tel: (671) 735-2355, Email: email@example.com