Research at the University of Guam
- IRB Application - Must be typed out. Handwritten applications will not be accepted. Fill in each section, do not use ‘see attached’ or leave any sections blanks. Student proposal must have Faculty advisor sign.
- Methods and outline – Explain your research protocols and methodology.
- Cover Letter – Provide Cover Letter – see below for sample cover letter; note that cover letter and consent letter are two separate documents
- Consent Form – Signed original form (Faculty signature, if needed)
- Assent Form – Signed original form (Faculty signature, if needed)
- Survey Instruments – Provide a copy of questionnaire or any data collection instruments involved.
For ALL surveys - include a draft version of survey layout.
For online surveys (Qualtrics, Google Forms, etc.) - Consent forms must be embedded into survey instrument.
For Extension, Renewals, Modifications to current CHRS:
Student Proposals/ Class Proposals/ Capstone
To ensure a timely review by the Institutional Review Board for student/ class submitted proposals, IRB application should be submitted one (1) month prior to the expected start date of student research. This will allow the Institutional Review Board to thoroughly review all application.
Mr. Peter Barcinas
Telephone: (671) 735-2055
Office: Agriculture & Life Sciences Buldg.
2nd floor,Rm. 228
Dr. Samir Ambrale, MD,MPH, Medical Oncologists, FHP Medical Center
Dr. Andrea Blas, Ph.D., College of Natural and Applied Sciences, University of Guam
Dr. Francis Dalisay, Ph.D., College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences, University of Guam
Dr. Yoshito Kawabata, Ph.D., College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences, University of Guam
Dr. Ron McNinch, Ph.D., School of Business and Public Administration, University of Guam
Dr. Mary Jane Miller, Ph.D., School of Education, University of Guam
Ms. Eloise Sanchez, School Program Consultant, Guam Department of Education
Dr. Kathryn Wood, RNC-OB, School of Nursing and Health Sciences, University of Guam
No Full Reviews from May 15, 2019 - August 21, 2019.
Committee may review expedited or exempt studies at their discretion during 2019 Finakpo' (June - Aug.). A review of your application is not guaranteed. If you anticipate research during the 2019 Finakpo' please submit your application before May 15, 2019.